Volume 28 Number 9 January 25, 1996
News and features
- Principal addresses Arts faculty
- In one of a series of meetings planned with McGill faculties, Principal Bernard Shapiro oulined for members of the Faculty of Arts his strategies for dealing with the University's financial difficulties.
- Come to the Carnival
- McGill's celebration of its 175th anniversary is officially underway with the launch of its first major activity, the Winter Carnival.
- McGill research rated well
- McGill ranks high among Canadian universities in several research areas according to the Institute for Scientific Information's influential newsletter Science Watch.
- Is hospital care changing for the better?
- A panel discussion on medical care and hospitals organized by the McGill Institute for the Study of Canada. Participants include Nicolas Steinmetz and Julius Grey.
- New director named
- Dawn Conway is appointed to the post of Director of the Office of International Research.
- A little modern alchemy
- McGill chemical engineering professor Jean-Luc Meunier uses plasma to create diamond films.
- Order of Canada honorees
- Four McGill professors were named to the Order of Canada earlier this month.
Notes and announcements
- Staff Changes
- Vice-Principal T.H. Chan announces recent staff changes.
- McGill academic achievements recognized.
- News from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Government of Quebec collaborative programs and student exchanges to France
- Campaign update
- Teaching facilities complement new medical curriculum. MNI lab to provide quick, conclusive testing.
- Senate highlights
- Facilities Management. Software policy. Library matters. Discretionary debate. Cuts and allocations