Volume 28 Number 8 January 11, 1996
News and features
- Talks end in success
- The latest round of talks between University administration and the McGill University Non-Academic Staff Association ended on a positive note with both sides saying they made important gains.
- Two for the Rhodes
- Chemistry student Shariq Lodhi and Political Science student Lisa Grushcow are this year's Rhodes Scholars from Quebec.
- More changes at Facilities Management
- Three more members of the Department of Facilities Management have left the University in the wake of the recent dismissal of former director Blake McGibbon.
- In Memoriam: Jean Éthier-Blais, 1925-1995
- Professor Emeritus at the Department of French Language and Literature and literary critic for Le Devoir, Jean Éthier-Blais is remembered by his colleagues.
- Massive snow palace nears completion
- Architecture professor Pieter Sijpkes is building a replica of the Pantheon on the lower campus to mark the 100th anniversary of the School of Architecture.
Notes and announcements
- News from the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Restructuring of International Activities in Research and Graduate Studies.
- New University Treasurer named
- Two new University-recommended travel agencies have been appointed to replace American Express at McGill.
- From the desk of the Principal
- Special events for McGill's 175th anniversary.
- Senate highlights
- McGill Senate discussions at the December 6 meeting. Updates on budget, campaign